Tuesday, May 15, 2012

THIS IS WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.....

Our red hatter group was born over a cup of tea.....literally...
Martha, I, and Linda went to the Kensington Tea Room one fair afternoon....


We enjoyed lunch together and Linda got us a pot of tea...

And we enjoyed a cup of hot tea together...

We had a "real" tea party (like when we were little girls), acting all proper and goofy at the same time....lol!

We were the only ones in the whole place....besides the owner who was waiting on us...

We were having such a good time...with something so simple....just fun hanging with each other.....one of us mentioned that we should make it a point to get together like this and do something at least once a month!

And then the lightbulb went off in my head....
Years back I had wanted to start a red hatter group, but the timing just wasn't right!  It fit....let's start a red hatter group!!!!!  And that is how we came to be!

Linda said she had just seen some red hatter stuff, including hats out at Bon Worth, so we got all excited and decided right then and there to go check them out!

We were so excited and couldn't wait to ask our friends to join us!  Our group was born!
And, yes, this is when I became the Queen and Linda and Martha became my Vice Queens.  lol!

I have to tell you, this is just what I needed!  I had lost my mother, my family split apart, my sister fought cancer, and then I found myself fighting cancer the year before our group was formed (explains the short hair in these pics!).  I have a tendency to get depressed if I have too much time to think about things, so going out and having fun with my friends is just what I needed!!!!  Plus, after fighting and surviving cancer, I made a conscious decision to "live out loud" and enjoy life more!

The Kensington Tea Room is a beautiful place in downtown Seymour....we will have to go back there one day as a group...where it all began!





These two gals have stuck by me through so much and are my "adopted sisters".  We've laughed together, cried together, prayed, and just been there for each other.  It is so fitting that we began a red hatter group together and I think it was all "in God's timing". 

And now with our other red hatter friends, we've been having a ball!  Laughter is good for the soul and we sure do a lot of that!
This picture was the night we became the
SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELLING HATTERS

Next time I will take you to our first outing.....
Until then....laugh a lot....it's good for the soul! 
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment